Outstanding Facilities. An Amazing Opportunity.
All pupils, at all age groups, are encouraged to take part in sport at Ratcliffe College. Traditional team sports are seen as a vital part of Ratcliffe life and the development of our pupils. Competitive fixtures take place throughout the week, home and away.
There are also a wide variety of other activities available, either during P.E. lessons, games lessons, or during after-school clubs.
All pupils are taught by dedicated P.E. staff who hold a wide range of interests and specialisms. There are seven members of the P.E. department who are assisted by Sports Graduates throughout the year, and ably supported by staff of other academic disciplines who help to run our many teams.
As well as our staple team sports of Rugby, Hockey, Cricket Netball and Rounders, other opportunities available include orienteering, equestrian, tennis, football, volleyball, health related exercise, gymnastics, trampoline, athletics, swimming and life-saving. Extra-curricular clubs offer more specialist activities such as fencing, table tennis, running, squash, dance and Tae Kwon Do.
Set within a beautiful 200-acre estate, the school’s facilities are excellent. We have:
- A fully kitted sports hall with five badminton courts, basketball court, netball court and a dedicated squash court
- A fitness suite, containing brand new cardio-vascular and resistance training machines and a free weights section
- Tennis & Netball courts
- A wide range of high quality rugby, cricket, football and rounders pitches
- Indoor and Outdoor cricket nets
- A heated, indoor 25-metre swimming pool.
- Two floodlit, all-weather Astroturf pitches for hockey
- Newly constructed tartan Athletics track