Bus Routes – September 2018
We have been reviewing our school bus routes and are delighted to announce a number of positive changes to our bus service from this September.
- Increasing to four bus routes from three.
Route 1 - Based on the existing Leicester route using a Woods coach. Suggested route of Oadby, Stoughton, London Road, City Centre, Ratcliffe.
Route 2 - Charnwood Route (using a school vehicle). Suggested route of Shepshed, Loughborough, Quorn, Barrow, Woodhouse Eaves, Swithland, Cropston, Rothley, Ratcliffe.
Route 3 - Nottingham Route (using a school vehicle). Suggested route of East Bridgford, Radcliffe on Trent, Edwalton, Ruddington, Keyworth, Ratcliffe.
Route 4 - Vale of Belvoir Route (using a school vehicle). Suggested route of Harby, Hose, Long Clawson, Hickling, Upper Broughton, Nether Broughton, Old Dalby, Thrussington, Rearsby, Ratcliffe.
If you would like to make a request to vary one of the routes or you would like to register your interest in using the service, please contact the Director of Finance, Mr David Robson, via e-mail email@example.com. We cannot guarantee we can fulfil every request. The final routes will be confirmed during the first half of the Summer Term.
- Changes to Tariffs.
- Simplified to 3 (reduced) rates based on time/distance of travel.
- Sibling Discount increased from 25% to 50%.
- Charges added to the School Bill on a termly basis.
Tariff 1 £250 per term for one-way travel.
Tariff 2 £300 per term for one-way travel.
Tariff 3 £350 per term for one-way travel.
- Changes to Evening Departures
- A 4.20pm departure time will be introduced for the 3 routes operated by a school vehicle.
- The Leicester route will continue with a single departure time of 6.20pm.
- A 6.20pm departure time will also operate for the 3 routes operated by a school vehicle, for those who are staying for activities/Prep.
All routes will be subject to receiving an adequate number of bookings for the service to be economically viable. Routes may be combined to make this possible.